25.4.10

a little sugar goes a long way.

A rainy Sunday in Providence and a cloudy/rainy/cold weekly forecast has me feeling a little sad.  The 75 degree weather on Saturday had me craving sun tea and a beach picnic, but after an ugly end to the weekend, it appears that the only way to cure these rainy day blues, and a mild hangover, is to bake.  But the new working hours (while great) are cramping my cooking style enough as it is, so baking has really been out of the question.  But I (by way of Big Girls Small Kitchen) and some other great folks, have found a solution.  And I think you'll love it.

I don't exactly condone cutting corners and going for store bought baked goods, because the process of baking itself can be therapeutic.  But I will always, ALWAYS, always support a bake sale.  Since I'm no longer in school, it is quite difficult to come across a good old fashioned bake sale.  But the ladies at Big Girls Small Kitchen have teamed up with Baking For Good to offer a nice alternative. Baking For Good is online bake sale that allows you to purchase hand made baked goods online, while supporting a cause.  Phoebe and Cara have created a special Mother's Day Treat (Peanut M&M Blondies) to be sold on Baking For Good in support of The Valerie Fund, a nonprofit that provides support for the comprehensive healthcare of children with cancer and blood disorders.   A portion of the sales generated by this virtual bake sale will go to The Valerie Fund.

You can order these delicious treats for your mother (or yourself), by visiting the BGSK page on Baking for Good here.  I'm certainly ordering mine this week.  Because although this evening's purchase of semi-sweet chocolate chips and brown sugar at the store was a good attempt at baking this week,  I know it just won't happen. 




Today, buying > baking.  Join me in supporting The Valerie Fund, Baking for Good, and Big Girls Small Kitchen.

-S-

No comments: