23.4.10

martha stewart paint line


As I'm sure you are all well aware by now, Home Depot replaced Ralph Lauren's paint line with Martha's.  I'm thinking this was an excellent decision, as Martha is no longer with Kmart.  Is anyone else worried about Christmas-time decor now that she's split with Kmart?  I'm assuming Home Depot will pick up some of her holiday-themed items, and I know Macys still has her product line, but what I'm most concerned about is the PRICE!  I am not a regular Kmart shopper, but for the holidays, I always, ALWAYS make a beeline for Kmart, specifically for Martha's holiday line.  Oh, what's a girl to do?  But, I digress....

So, the other day, I headed over to Home Depot to check out the new line of Martha paints.  I decided I needed to collect one of every paint sample to create my own fan-deck of paint colors to take with me to clients (unlike Benjamin Moore, you can't buy an already-made Martha fandeck).  While I'm quite pleased I acquired each and every one of her samples, I can't say I wasn't embarrassed while doing so.  A half-hour later, and a few awkward glances my way (people thinking, IS THIS GIRL SERIOUS?), I made it out the door with these!


These paint samples will make an excellent fan-deck, as the samples are large-about index card size.  I will just simply punch a hole (or two) in each and connect the samples with these  (Metal Binding Rings):



Oh, and while we are on the subject of Martha, she makes quite possibly the BEST wingback chair around.  I'm really wanting this chair from Martha's line at Bernhardt Furniture.  I have wanted a wingback chair to go in front of my desk for quite some time now.  I think having a desk chair that is actually NOT a desk chair is a very good design choice.  This one is perfect, as it is streamlined, tall (better height for sitting at a desk) and narrow, and the nailhead trim really draws the eye along the sleek contours of the traditional wingback sides.

 
That's it for now.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
-G-

No comments: