23.3.10

simple pleasures

Lately I've been feeling a bit stressed about what my future holds. I wouldn't say I'm having a quater-life crisis quite yet, but it could be fast approaching. Anyways, to combat the stress, I try to think of the little things that keep me sane, happy, and positive. Some are materialistic,others are inspired by nature or the human connection. This is my (abridged) list.

  • Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Chai- I only get them about three times a year but they are just so delicious and make me incredibly happy.
  • 5:00 PM on Friday-freedom. Need I say more?
  • Putting on sweats after being dressed up-Instant relaxation
  • Finding money in your jeans you haven't worn in a month- perfect excuse to treat yourself to a coffee or ice cream
  • (1)-email or text from someone you love hearing from 
  • Sunset cocktails-is there anything better than winding down the day with a cold drink?
  • Handwritten notes, letters or cards- they are few and far between these days
  • Down comforter- for me, it's the ultimate luxury.
  • the smell of clean laundry -there's no better scent.
  • Playing in the waves- I still do it for hours when I go to beach. Growing up at the beach will do that to you.


What's on your list?

-L-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

getting into trouble with mandy should be under simple pleasures :)

Jacqueline said...

Hanging out with you Lulu!