5.3.10

featured artisan:etsy seller, Brigida Swanson

Hopefully by now, you all know about the joys of Etsy. If not, it's something to be noticed. Basically, it's a place where craftsman, artisans, jewelers graphic designers, furniture makers and all other kinds of artists can sell their goods. There are endless items to browse; you may find that two hours have flown by and all you've done is online window-shopped for a bunch of notecards. There are many ways to search the site, from categories, to "featured seller" and "recently listed items." Even if you don't end up buying anything, you often look at the goods and think  "I can make that" and are inspired to craft away. I've had plans to make this chandelier since Christmas...I've got the supplies, now all I need is a free weekend.

The seller I would like to share with you today is Brigida Swanson, a RISD alum. She makes adorable cards and papergoods featuring quotes and sayings from yesteryear; Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, and Emily Dickinson quotes are stamped on the cards alongside a simple image of a Victorian Era woman or dress. My favorite is, "Faultless in spite of all her faults."


I'm also fond of "I thought only of you."


And of course, a nod to Rhode Island:

Wondering what "What cheer!" means? Read about it here.

Check out the rest of her items here. Items range from cards at $4.00 to prints up to $50.00.

forget me not.
-L-

No comments: