2.3.10

good finds: striped rug

Ocean State Job lot is perhaps the best store in Rhode Island.  It is not pretty inside.  The staff are neither friendly nor helpful.  There is absolutely no consistency in terms of merchandise availability.  And sometimes, it smells funny.  You might wonder then, is it the best store?  OSJL (Ocean State Job Lot) is inexpensive and carries a wide range of products, ranging from essential [food] to ridiculous [AstroTurf floor covering].  This weekend I purchased a 3 x 5 rug, shown in the photo above, for $6.00; it was available in black, navy and hunter green.  I stuck with the black to imitate this one I saw on overstock.com for almost $200; the navy seemed too nautical for my apartment, and the green was a little Land's End-juvenile.  I actually ended up purchasing two rugs, seeing as the white will probably get dirty pretty quickly, and knowing that on my next trip back to Job Lot, they will be gone.  Good deals at Job Lot are quickly communicated between friends and bargain hunters alike - and you can never count on anything staying in stock for long.

Other recent Job Lot Purchases :
20 Quart Lobster Pot or Stock Pot (Stainless Steel-ish) - $12.00
6 Oz. Vanilla Extract - $0.99
White Ceramic Dishes for Dipping Sauces - $0.50
2010 Desk Calendar - $1.00
24 Pack Polar Seltzer Water - $3.99

Items I wanted but didn't buy that deserve mentioning:
Bear Naked Granola
Silicone Basting Brush
White Pyrex Lasagna Dish


I urge you to go to Job Lot.  There is tons of stuff you don't need, but if you shop carefully and selectively, you can get a lot of useful things at reasonable prices.  Plus, this $6.00 rug has me feeling like quite the recessionista.

Also, pardon the appearance of my room featured in the photo above.   I would swear its not normally like that, but it actually is. 

-S-

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ocean State Job Lot was a staple when I was at URI and poor. Its the RI version of the Christmas Tree Shop.

Jon Morris said...

I love Job Lot, it's like a high class salvation army.