16.3.10

color-coded bookshelves- do or don't?

So, I'm all moved in.  Whew.  What a process.  If it weren't for the help of some close friends and my mother flying out to help me settle in, I'd probably still be sleeping on a mattress on the floor.  Tonight, I'm thinking about arranging my books, and have been seeing this new fad of artfully arranging your books by color on the shelves.  What do you think of this idea?  Is it, "too perfect" or do you think this is a good way to jazz up a normally boring bookshelf?  Would love to hear feedback.  Let me give you a few examples: 



Thoughts about this?  Oh, and don't forget to visit Target-the Liberty of London line is now in stores!

-G-

6 comments:

Jon Morris said...

I say hell yea to color-coded books. Regular books shelves alpha by author or random are boring. What are you a librarian? Are you going to dewy decimal your books? No way -- color code is the way to go.

Amy said...

This looks awesome! Do you have enough different brightly colored books to pull it off? Most of my books are pretty dull colored.

Kate said...

I think that looks really good.

c neu said...

G--do it!
Fun!

Anchor Interiors said...

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I do have a ton of books, and a lot are brightly colored, so I just may be able to pull this off. If I do, I'll take pics!

Jess said...

Hey Gretch - looks great in the rooms with the white shelving - I'm not too crazy about the darker shelves (and I know you have darker shelves)... looks cartoonish to me on the dark shelves!