17.2.10

olive imagines: the raven

I haven't read the poem The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe since 8th grade English class with Mrs.Wood. At the time, I really had no idea what the poem was about. Recently, the poem came to mind when I was browsing through some websites and and was somehow reminded of it so I decided to read through it again. It is truly an amazing piece of literature. You can read or re-read the poem here (it's quite long in case you've forgotten).  While reading, image after image kept popping into my head about what his chamber looks like, the noise of the rapping, rustling and tapping; I could feel the eeriness of the mood so carefully chosen by Poe. I decided it would be fun to compose what I imagine the scene to look like: mystifying and dark yet intellectually inspiring. It's not exactly what I would want my office or library to look like but it certainly evokes the chracteristrics of Edgar Allen Poe.

"This it is, and nothing more"
-L-

No comments: