22.7.10

italia nostalgia

Pretty much since I departed the amazing country of Italy when I spent a semester abroad in Florence, I have missed it and longed for it daily. Life there was perfect. I learned, tasted, and observed amazing new things. Class was going to the Uffizi or walking the streets of Florence and observing the architecture. My shopping was at a minimum as my money was spent on weekend trips to Paris, Amsterdam, Praque, Barcelona, Munich, Rome and remote villages around Tuscany. Happiness was found just walking the cobbled streets of Florence people watching with a cappucino in hand. Fragrances of leather, espresso, pastries and the perfumes and colognes of the Italians were frequently infusing my senses. Getting dressed was fun; I could wear dresses and skirts and fancy things every day. To say that I ate well would be an understatement. Essentially, it was a dream and seems like it almost never happened. I hope one day to live this life again. Until then...


{the Duomo: my neighbor}

{a swim after a long hike in Cinque Terre}

{Cinque Terre: my favorite place in Italy}

{canals of Venice}

{our apartment door}

{at the Herculaneum ruins}

{Siena bell tower}

Ciao regazzi
-L-

No comments: