12.7.10

headstart on a headboard

As I am moving (again) sometime next month and I'm not too pleased with my current bed, I figured I'd take on another project upon moving into a new place. I'll have a big yard where I can work so I'm looking forward to that. I want to make my own upholstered headboard and hopefully keep the cost around $100. I've seen some inspirational pictures but I can't decide if I i want a solid fabric or a print. I could get sick of a print, but I can also always reupholster the piece to suit my current taste. Any ideas or suggestions or welcome! Here are some I enjoy.


{I like the neutrality and versatility of this piece}


{I really like the shape of these with the added trim and bright colors}

{nailhead trim adds a finished elegant look}

{love the boldness, but would have to be the focal point}

I have a slight obsession with animal prints and am considering a neutral leopard or zebra like the ones below:





 The only main thing I need to consider in choosing a fabric for the headboard is my red desk:

{bench seat to be reupholstered this fall}

What do you all think?

-L-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reupholster the seat with whatever fabic you have leftover from the headboard.

dadg