10.6.10

black walls-love 'em or hate 'em?

Ok, I'm having a hard time getting walls that are painted black out of my system.  I'm very seriously contemplating painting my kitchen black, or at least one wall black.  Am I nuts?  My only concern is that this might be a trend, and I might grow very weary of a giant black wall after a short time.  And by short time, I mean a couple of months.  And...let's be honest folks, painting is not the most pleasurable experience.  But, is it worth it?  You be the judge-I've been collecting imagery for a while now....

Jenna Lyon's (creative director for J.Crew) home. This is what jump-started the black wall craze when this was published in Domino Magazine years ago.



















Ok olive readers, what do you think?  Bite the bullet, and just do it?

HELP!

-G-

1 comment:

Jess said...

Just make sure you have enough lighter colored objects in the room so that it the black wall doesn't consume the room! Xo